Relocation is an unsettling, life-disrupting activity but is part of life. We often get website submissions of people here in SW Florida who need us to purchase their home because they are being relocated.
As a professional home buying company here in Fort Myers and the Naples areas, it’s great to help these folks solve their problem.
Regardless of “why” people need to move… perhaps a job relocation, a sick family member, a new opportunity… relocating is always a traumatic change and can cause people a lot of stress.
Discover how you can make the most out of this dramatic situation.
Instead of Agonizing, Start Organizing
The most important thing is to understand that everyone who owns a vacant home is losing money. Don’t get yourself into a vacant home situation.
As you probably know, the Fort Myers and Naples real estate market has slowed down a bit recently after experiencing a historically “hot sellers market” mainly due to higher interest rates. This means that houses are not selling nearly as quickly as they were in 2021 and mid-2022.
So what are some of the things you can do to sell your SW Florida house fast?
Options And Steps to Selling Your SW Florida House Fast
- Determine your home’s value (How much can I sell it for?) There are two ways to do this. You can work with a real estate agent who will run the comps to determine value or you can contact us and we will provide a no obligation valuation. Now that you know what price you can sell your house for you can move on to your next big decision.
- Determine how fast you need to sell your house: Buying or renting a new home while you are still making mortgage payments on a previous home is a stressful, risky proposition. The worst case is that you are stuck making double payments for a lengthy period of time only to dramatically reduce the cost of your house out of pure desperation.
- Dig your well before you get thirsty- Find a good real estate agent first: Don’t wait. Get a real estate agent marketing your property immediately or contact a reputable home buying company like Sunland Home Buyers LLC. Get started by filling out this simple form>>
- Use math to determine whether you should sell for cash quickly or play the “waiting game” to get your desired high price: Everyone wants to sell their house for the most money possible. That’s human nature. But when you are in a situation where you need to relocate you must determine what the holding costs will be on your vacant property. Holding costs include mortgage payment (majority interest), insurance, taxes, all the maintenance (landscaping), utilities, and these add up quickly. If you add all these up to say $1,500 p/m in holding costs and it takes 8 months to sell your house that is a total of $12,000 in holding costs. And if you are using an agent and let’s assume your home sells for $300,000 you are paying 6% in interest, tack on another $18,000 in commissions. This adds up to a total of $30,000 in lost money. That’s why many people in SW Florida choose to work with a professional home buying company where they can sell their house in days or a few weeks instead of months. You’d still be way ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 6-10 months later at full price (and paying a ton in holding costs and real estate commissions). Not to mention saving yourself from the stress and hassles of sitting on a vacant house. Agreed?
- Take action: No matter what decision you make, take action and make it! If you decide to work with an agent, that’s great! Just hurry and get the ball rolling to give yourself every chance of selling your house as quickly as possible. Or, you can make the decision to sell your home immediately with a professional home buyer like us. 🙂
Maybe you need to relocate but you have some time on your hands. Maybe your house is in primo condition. In this case, perhaps you should list it with an agent for top-dollar and just see what happens. You never know. Maybe someone will see it who just can’t live without it and snatch it up.
Most people don’t have that luxury and their house is just average. Meaning, their house is like a lot of other similar houses on the market. So unless your house is truly spectacular (like the “after” homes in the makeover tv shows) you may want to consider a more expeditious path.
If you don’t need a lot of cash from the sale of your home in order to get into your new home, you may consider renting out your house, or doing a lease option (rent to own). Be careful though. If you are seeking new conventional financing on your new house, banks will need to make sure they are able to give you an additional mortgage and this can get tricky.
Sunland Home Buyers LLC – Who We Are and How We Can Help in Your Relocation
Sunland Home Buyers LLC is a real estate investment company located in Estero, FL.
The types of sellers who often choose to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell immediately (we can close in days if need be)
- Don’t have the time or the energy to work with a real estate agent
- Want to avoid paying 3-6% in agent commissions but don’t have time to sell For Sale by Owner
- Understand that there home has problems and won’t sell quickly (we do all repairs)
- Have another reason (there are many) to sell their house fast for cash
Sunland Home Buyers is passionate about our community here in SW Florida and we are honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you do have time on your hands and can manage the sale of your property from a distance, perhaps this is the best path for you.
We would be delighted to help and answer any questions you may have about our Cash Buying Program so please feel free to call us at (239) 880-3393 and chat with us anytime.